1. Know you have rights under Colorado law.
- If you have been an accident that’s not your fault; you have the right to have your vehicle repaired,
- You have the right to receive Chiropractic treatment for your injuries.
- These are right given to all without regard to legal status or your own insurance coverage.
2. Be prepared for a motor vehicle accident
- Make sure you have a pad of paper, pencil, and your insurance information in the glove compartment.
- Have your policy No. and phone numbers on one piece of paper in your glove compartment.
- Verify that you have uninsured coverage and Medpay coverage.These added benefits are cheap and will keep you safe.
- Have a plan.Know what Auto shop to send your car too.
- Always be evaluated by a Chiropractor after your accident, even if you feel fine.
- If anyone is injured call 911.
- If able, ask for the other person’s car insurance information, and name of the driver.
- Collect the names and phone numbers of any witnesses.
- Take pictures of the vehicle location, photograph any markings on the street or significant signs.
- Provide the towing company with the information of your Auto repair company and were to have it towed.
- You have the right to take your vehicle to any repair shop.
- Call and report the accident to your own insurance company.
- Call your auto repair company and inform them of the accident.
- Have your car towed directly to them.
- Only allow a trained mechanic to repair your vehicle.
5. What to do if you are hurt (injured) in a car accident:
- Everyone in the vehicle should be evaluated by a Chiropractor trained to treating car accidents.
- The sooner you’re evaluated and treated the quicker your recovery.
- Auto insurance covers chiropractic treatment for your injuries that were sustained during the accident.
- not all doctors accept auto cases because of the current auto laws.
- Not all doctors are experienced in treating car accident patients.Use a Chiropractor
- who understands auto accidents injuries, how the car insurance works, and is comfortable working with attorneys.
- The sooner you document your injuries the better.Time is IMPORTANT! Receive an Expert Evaluation Immediately.
- An attorney is not always need after an auto accident,
- If you are having problems with the insurance company, an attorney may be needed.
- Find an attorney that deal with auto accident cases.
A car accident is a difficult situation but doesn’t have to be harder then needed.Follow the recommended steps and you will have an easier time.